If you have recently gotten eyelash extensions, you might be wondering how long you should avoid water and how to clean your eyes during this period. Proper care is essential to maintain the beauty and durability of your new eyelashes. In this article, we will provide you with tips and tricks for caring for your eyelash extensions, including how long to avoid water, what to avoid, and how to clean your eyes.
How Long Should You Abstain from Water After Eyelash Extensions?
After getting eyelash extensions, you should avoid water for a period to allow the glue to fully dry and set. If you get water on your lashes before the glue is fully dry, it can reduce the strength and quality of the glue,
causing your eyelashes to fall off or become damaged. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid water for at least 6-12 hours after getting eyelash extensions. This means avoiding activities that can get water on your
eyelids, such as washing your face or eyes. However, bathing and other personal hygiene activities can still be done as usual.
In addition to abstaining from water, there are a few other things you should pay attention to after getting eyelash extensions:
Limit Eye Makeup
Eyelash extensions are meant to provide you with beautiful, natural-looking lashes without the need for constant curling or mascara application. After getting eyelash extensions, you should limit eye makeup to avoid
damaging or breaking your new lashes. Removing makeup by rubbing your eyelashes can make them vulnerable, and applying mascara can be difficult to clean off without damaging your extensions.
Do Not Use Oil-Based Products
Oil-based makeup removers and cleansers can damage eyelash extension glue and make your lashes more fragile and less durable. Instead, opt for oil-free and alcohol-free makeup removers to clean the areaaround your eyes.
Do Not Rub Your Eyes with Your Hands
Rubbing your eyes is a common habit for many people, but it can be damaging to your eyelash extensions. If you rub your eyes often after getting eyelash extensions, your lashes may fall off or peel off the glue. If you
feel discomfort or need to rub your eyes, do so gently and try to avoid touching your eyelids.
How to Clean Your Eyes After Eyelash Extensions
Cleaning the area around your eyes is important for maintaining the beauty and durability of your eyelash extensions. To clean your eyes after getting eyelash extensions, follow these steps:
- Choose an oil-free and alcohol-free makeup remover.
- Dip a cotton swab in the makeup remover and gently wipe around the eye area.
- Use another clean cotton swab dipped in clean water to wipe the skin around your eyes.
- Avoid using a towel or high-temperature dryer to dry your eyelashes.
- After the first 6-12 hours of abstinence from water, you can wash your face but limit washing it with warm water and avoid splashing water in your eyes or showering under strong running water. If you accidentally wet
- your lashes, use a dry cotton pad to absorb the water and gently wipe the area to avoid damaging your lashes. You should also protect your lashes from heat sources like dryers, hot water, or saunas.
- Choosing a reputable eyelash extension site is essential to ensure that you receive quality service and products. If you need help with health and beauty care, Minh Lashes is an excellent choice.
In conclusion, proper care and maintenance are essential for maintaining the beauty and durability of your eyelash extensions. Avoiding water for at least 6-12 hours, limiting eye makeup, not using oil
based products, and not rubbing your eyes are all important steps to take. Following these tips and tricks for cleaning your eyes.